Pure Tea Tree Essential Oil – 10ml
Tea tree oil is a volatile essential oil extracted from Melaleuca alternifolia, an Australian plant. Melaleuca is a genus of plants in the Myrtaceae family with about 230 species, almost all of which are native to Australia.
Tea tree oil is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory substance marketed in Australia, Europe, and North America. It’s a constituent in numerous therapeutic formulations used to treat infections. Tea tree oil can also be found in cleaning goods, laundry detergent, shampoos, massage oils, and skin and nail lotions, among other home and cosmetic products.
Use Of Tea Tree Essential Oil
It’s one of the most widely used plant oils since it’s a potent disinfectant that’s gentle enough to use topically to treat skin infections and irritations.
Terpene hydrocarbons, monoterpenes, and sesquiterpenes are the main active components in the Tea Tree. The tea trees’ antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties are due to these chemicals.
Tea Tree Oil Benefits:
- Fights Acne and Other Skin Conditions
- Improves Dry Scalp
- Soothes Skin Irritations
- Fights Bacterial, Fungal, and Viral Infections
Lab studies have shown that tea tree oil can inhibit the growth of bacteria like Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Haemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pyogenes, and Streptococcus pneumonia. These bacteria cause serious infections, including:
- Urinary tract infections
- Respiratory illness
- Bloodstream infections
- Strep throat
- Sinus infections
How to use and the benefits of Tea Tree Oil by Dr. Josh
Here is an advanced training by Dr. Josh on the benefits of including tea tree oil as part of your natural medicine cabinet. Tea tree oil can be used topically or diffused in the air, but should not be used internally.
Benefits and Uses:
- Fights acne
- Has anti-fungal and antiviral properties
- Antibacterial properties make it good for cuts and wounds
- Can be used to treat toenail fungus, athlete’s foot or ringworm
- Great for issues with dry, flaking skin such as dandruff, eczema and
- Can be used as a natural household cleaner with anti-mold properties
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves and twigs
- Aroma: Medicinal, fresh, green and strong
- Fragrance Family: Green
- Perfumery Note: Middle to Top
- Consistency and Colour: Thin and light yellow
Shelf Life: Once opened, store in a cool dark place and use within 12 months.